More Excuses?

This time, my excuse is that I'm working on a short story (3k words) for possible submission for an anthology project with the theme 'religious intolerance'. I'm halfway through, but not sure if it suits the project or if it'll get picked for publication. Due date is End of February but the project head is already asking ppl to submit now if they're done.

Other than that, just minor scribbling on my blogs and a little notepad which I arry with me always (unless I happen to leave it by mistake on my worktable at home - in which case I'm always tempted to just go to a stationary store and get a new one). They're selling the Moleskin writing pad for RM70 bloody ringgits! Do covet it though...

A friend of mine who's read my unfinished NaNo novel said she liked it but was disappointed to find out that it was unfinished... hehe. Promised her I'd finish it and print or email her the completed copy. There are three people reading my NaNo novel, but two of them seem to be rather busy and have yet to finish reading it.

So more waiting on that front...

The Chinese New Year festival (18th through 19th Feb) is almost over and ppl are returning to the city. It'll be busy again by tomorrow. I feel somewhat removed from all that brouhaha. I'm not even in it during the end of Ramadhan (Fasting month / Eid) festival. Or the New Year / Christmas brouhaha. Not really a part of any of these.

Gawd... talk about lacking a social calendar.

;)

Comments

RomanceWriter said…
Definetly finish that NaNoWriMo novel. I am still wading through mine but I hope I get it done this year.
RomanceWriter said…
Good luck with your short story.