30 Pages And Counting

So I've only had two solid sitting with editing my NaNo novel and managed to do about 30 pages of editing. The story right now is about 90 pages long, so if I keep on at this rate, it'll take me about a week to finish my first-draft editing (errr... let me know if my math is a bit off here!). :)

Going through the editing process, I can see, here and there, how I can improve on the characters, the flow of the story, the description, etc, and that makes for a pretty intresting ride. Of course, I find that I can only stand about two to three straight hours of editing before my eyes get a bit tired or my stomach starts rumbling or I get a bit antsy for sitting down too long.

So I find myself a distraction. Like writing this blog entry. Hehe... :)

Which is fine. I mean, I'm in no hurry to get anywhere (although sometimes I dream that my life is slowly slipping past me and fear that I'd wake up realising I have not really achieved anything substantially remarkable to be proud of). My freelance translation service is going a bit slow, but hey, I don't expect things to mushroom overnight. I plod along steadily. Just like I do with the editing. And it's all good Eve.

Oh yeah, am also writing a short story of sorts that I'll submit for posting at the Brand New Aspiring Writers group blog once it's finished. It's kind of a strange story that relaly came out of nowhere (or at least, I'm unable to pinpoint the location of its source in my sub-concious). And I'm reading a new book called 'The Hummingbird's Daughter' by Luis Alberto Urrea. A dish of a book! :)

Comments

RomanceWriter said…
Glad to hear you are editing your NaNoWriMo story. I am still chipping away at mine too. Hoping I can get it done before next Novemeber comes around- lol.
Ekompute said…
This last post is dated 26 April. I thought today is only 19 April! How did you manage that? Now come to think of it, could it be the 26th April of yesteryear? Let me check!