After all the trials and errors, softwares and gadgets...

Maybe it's a writer life-cycle thing that everyone has to go through. But after all the attemtps to use various softwares for writing, spending hours just to get accustomed to how the software works and trying to figure out how it really helps to cut down your writing lead time in two... well honestly, I'm going back to good old Microsoft Word or Notepad (for quick short stories).

All that whistles and bells the other so-called 'writer's software' has to offer doesn't really do much for me. I find it much easier using MS Word. It's familiar, it's got it's own spell checker, and you can do tons with formatting.

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

What do writers like Stephen King or JK Rowlings use, I wonder?

Comments

RomanceWriter said…
This is just what we were talking about at BNAW. I was wondering if any of those writing programs are worth it. I had a suspicion the answer was no. It all feels very unorganic to me.