Back on the Bandwagon: Part II

The main bulk of distractions that's been yanking me away from writing has now passed. Mom's all moved into her new apartment and everyone (I hoe) is happy. I received a truly honest and helpful critique on my unfinished NaNo novel couple of weeks back (which has since been placed on the backburner till recently).

It's just amazing how much difference a critique from someone who's actually familiar with creative writing (he used to teach creative writing) and it's exactly what I needed to see to get me back on the NaNo novel bandwagon again. If I'd been anything other than an Aquarian, I probably would have read the critique while fighting off tears (he's an Aquarian as well and we don't mince words when it comes to things like these... insensitive bastards that we are).

So now I'm in the midst of brushing the dust off my NaNo novel and huddling down to editing mode. :) I've never really done serious editing work on a manuscript as long as novels, so I think I'll need to dig up all my notes on editing, just for some confidence!

Not gonna worry about that short story collection I promised myself this year yet. Not yet.

Till then, it's all good, Eve.

Comments