Manuscript Review - Getting into the Meat of It

My manuscript review process is slow. Not even painfully slow. It's just slow. It's less a little project you need to psych yourself into man-handling than a work-habit that you need to cultivate. I'm just realising that now. My biggest problem is I have a dangerously fragile confidence in the story myself. I'm second-guessing myself all the time whether or not the story and plot is compelling enough for me to continue with the review, or whether I should just wash my hands off it and work on the next story for the next NaNoWriMo this coming November.

No. I'll stick to it. Dumping this and moving on to the next story would be a cop out. If I do that, I'll be stuck forever in the initial cycles of completing a novel - the creation - rather than push myself through the review process and learning from that. Review is the unappealing part for me... yes. But only because the story it self was not fully thought out to begin with, so I have less confidence and faith in the story as I should.

But I've learned a lot from that initial error, right now as I'm doing the review.

So, onwards with the review. Wish me luck!

Comments