As the Williams sisters do battle on the grass court...

... the mood today is rather dull and boring. Thank God for the women's final game as a distraction. Still, at least it isn't has hot as it has been this past couple of days. It's one of those days when you feel like something's amiss. Something is incomplete or out of place. The kind of days when I would be grateful if I had a job to go to.

But at 37, I still haven't figured out what I want to do (for a job that is). I've had corporate jobs, sales (kinda) job, creative jobs... and they all have their pros and cons. But nothing that really 'turns me on'. Well, no that's a lie. These jobs were great in the beginning, all new and exciting and challenging. But after a while, they got a bit samey, a bit dreary really. And some of the people I worked with were just not nice to be around. There are few people I've met at work whom I'd want to associate myself with outside the workplace. Unfortunately, quite a number of people I've met from work have been untrustworthy. Untrustworthy and insincere. I've put up with people like these before, but I'm not sure if I want to put up them anymore.

Maybe I'm just too old fashioned. But I do expect a level of sincerity and trustworthiness in the people I associate with. I have a strong reaction against people who I find to be dishonest, manipulative or insincere. I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to run into quite a number of people like that. So I tend to shy away from them. It makes me feel uncomfortable being around them. I have a near-physical reaction when I'm interacting with them; it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Trust is not something I give so easily to people and when I give it, I expect it to be respected. And the same with the people I do associate myself with. I'd like to think that they know whatever trust they put in me, I will respect it. I can't even begin to describe my aversion to people who likes to talk bad about others; who relish dishing out bits of news about other people's misfortune or faults. Or those who speak meanly of others behind their back - even if it's about someone I don't even know. It's just bad form.

Perhaps I am just a bit old fashioned. A bit of a nerd. Or maybe I'm just a bit too idealistic and expect too much from people. Am I?

Ooh.. Serena just won the finals. :)

Comments