Last Hot Day of Summer!

Monday was the last hot day for Summer apparently. At least that's what they said on the LBC radio that morning. And judging from the dreary skies these past couple of days, they might just be right about the weather this time around!

The free British Gas shows 21 degrees 'It's OK', so I'll take its word for it. In any case, I'm sitting writing my blog with a cup of hot chocolate and a homemade apple crumble so I can't complain. :)

Yes, I'm getting the knack of making homemade puddings. Crumble is dead easy and yummy if you use brown sugar and add some oats to make it crunchier. Things like these, the simple pleasures in life, reminds you of the many things you have to be grateful about in life. Sure, there's economic recession and getting a job isn't easy right now, but we have roofs over our heads and warm food on our plates. No, I don't have anything to complain about, really. I can't even express in my thoughts just how grateful I am for all the things in my life that has led me to this point in time, to where I am right here, right now. God has been very kind.

I miss Mike already and he's only left yesterday! But he'll be back in November (crossing my fingers) and in the mean time, I am Home Alone. Well, not exactly alone... there's Barney to keep me company.

Barney is my mum-in-law's cat. He's all sleek and black, and he's about 112 years old (in human years)! How did he manage this feat? Endless packets of Whiskas's 'Chicken in Jelly' packets and lots of sleep. Boy, can that cat sleep. Right now he's outside in his box under the garden bench, even though I've tried to tempt him into the house as it is raining and a bit cold outside. Guess what he's doing? Yup, he's sleeping. It really is quite amazing, every time I see him he's almost always asleep. He sleeps in his box, he sleeps on the lawn out back, he sleeps under the choisya bush, he sleeps on the couch in the dining room, he sleeps on the sofa in the living room.. he sleeps everywhere. And when he's sleeping on the couch in the dining room where I now have my laptop set up, you can hear him snore. Yes, he snores. Cats do snore, I assure you.



Maybe one day for posterity sake I'll record him sleeping and snoring (after all.. he IS 112). In the meantime, I'd better get off my bum and let him in from the rain!

Comments