Online Marketing Assistant

Sounds like a nice job, doesn't it? I've got a degree in Business Studies, majoring in Marketing and Human Resource Management after all, and five years experience as a Prduct Marketing Executive to boot. Albeit, there is quite a bit of difference between traditional marketing and online marketing, I'm sure. There's been a couple of vacancies like this that I've found. As I was reading the job description for the most recent one, I felt a slight thrill at the prospect of getting this job. I've always been inclined towards everything IT or internet related. I feel comfortable working with computers and the web.

Having managed my own website (http://www.saltranslations.com) for the past two and a half years, I've gained much insight and knowledge about certain aspects of online marketing which intrigued me. These include tools and concepts such as SEO, pay per click, Meta Tags, CSS, CMS, etc. I love dabbling with my website, tweaking it, changing it's look and content. I have to admit, there's plenty of room for improvement as far as my website goes, but somehow I've not gotten around to actually doing it. If you search for 'malay translator' on Google or Askjeeves, my website come in the second page of the results. I'd like to see it on the first page though. I'm curious to see if it would make a whole lot of difference in terms of additional leads gained by being on the first page of the search result.

Wow, it's already 7.30pm. Time sure flies by quickly. We'll be needing to find a cheap air ticket back to KL soon. I wish Mike didn't have to go back there... it's so unsettling. But these things are sent to try us, as they say. All we can do is to face these things with patience and persistence. God likes that, I think.. ;) I suppose if I don't get a job soon, I'll just have to fill my time with even more gardening. Check out my latest pride and joy.. my POPPIES! :) (or is that POPPYS?)

Comments