What to have for Iftar today?

And the answer is Chicken Curry! :) Great idea Bee! Just so happen we bought some curry powder the other day at Ryan Gate Halal Butcher in Worcester Park to cook lamb with. So today we just did a simple curry with chicken, potatoes and carrots. Mike cooked it and I can't wait to have it today (there's another 10 minutes to go before break fast time as I'm writing this!)

To be honest, one of the things I've always struggled with is daily prayers. The problem isn't concentration. In the early days the problem was we were taught Quranic recitations, but there was little emphasis on understanding the meaning of what we were reciting in the classroom. We were told that we needed to say the prayers in Arabic when we pray. Not in Malay. Not in English. But in Arabic. So we recited the prayers in Arabic. Then eventually, I memorised the simpler surahs in English, thinking that perhaps this might help make my prayers more meaningful, more khusyuk. It worked for a while, but then after a while, it felt like there was still something missing.

But now, I'm starting to wonder if that is the key to it after all? :) Maybe it is. But as long as I keep searching, I'll get it right eventually. And while waiting for breaking fast time, I'll watch these videos by Dr. Zakir Naik, who reminds me a lot of Ahmad Deedat, and a dude named Nouman Ali Khan, who gives an interesting talk about the Quranic language (wish he had representatives here in the UK and in Malaysia).

Comments

Worcester Park said…
Hooray for Ryan Gate. My favourite haunt!