I Take It Back!

Well, maybe there's still some warm weather to be had after all. Woke up this morning and it felt like June! :) Warm and sunny. The kind of weather where you feel like running out of the office, shedding those stuffy suits, taking off your shoes, lay out on a picnic blanket somewhere nice and green and stare up at the blue sky. Come to think of it, maybe that's not such a bad idea, especially as I am still unemployed at the moment and sitting on a picnic blanket staring up at the sky doesn't cost you anything. In fact, it's SO sunny, I think I'll go up to Epsom for a little walkabout. Maybe drop by the job agencies in Epsom and hand in my CV. I seriously am getting itchy to get my hands on a project of sorts and CREATE and MAKE THINGS HAPPEN! Not the best of times to be hunting for work, mind you, what with the recession and lay offs recently. Still... just keep your chin up and think positive. ;)

I haven't yet had the chance to record Barney snoring, although yesterday evening he came up on the sofa for a cuddle and started snoring. Didn't have my handphone with me then! He's been sleeping outside in his little box under the garden bench for the last two day as it's been uncharacteristically warm. Been seeing red skies in the evenings the past few nights too, but nothing as spectacular as that evening Mike and I had a walk about town. Now THAT was a really cool thing to see... almost reminds me of the movie 'Independence Day' when the alien space ships entered the atmosphere. Alas, no spaceships, no long headed aliens and no Will Smith.


Oh well, until I get a job, I'll be working on my Flickr page, loading up those photos I took in and around Surrey & London. Organise them in a logical way. Aunt Audrey said I ought te be a photographer or a photographer's assistant. Now THAT would be a cool job. Tiring, but cool. I've a friend who now runs her own photography services company in Malaysia. She resigned from work (we used to work at Virtual Malaysia) and started CandidSyndicate. That was over four years ago I think. And she's been doing quite well. In her own words, she 'works like a dog' but the satisfaction she gets out of it is incomparable. She had a lot of discipline and passion for photography. Although I'm certain I'd be good as an Assistant Photographyer, I'm not sure if I'd have the level of drive and 'balls' to run my own photography company. But then again, I've never tried it, so who knows?! :)

Comments