A Minority

I was passing by a window that had a cracked glass panel and felt a swirl of chilly air from outside. And believe it or not, I actually felt a little excited at the thought of Autumn / Winter arriving. Am I one of a minority that actually looks forward to winter? Is the idea of wearing bright coloured galoshes (that's wellies to Brits), donning warm cashmere pullovers and (God forbid) having to reach for the ear muffs to stave the chilly winds simply fills you with a sense of EXPECTATION?

Hmm, no I guess not. *silly grin*

Well, maybe it's just because having only been in the UK since January, Autumn/Winter is still a novelty to me. I might share the same dismay to winter like most Brits come December. Mike's been making ominous comments like 'well, it's nice if you don't have to go out in the early morning to go to work.' (yes, yes I'm still sending out applications... just sent one out this morning in fact). What if I get a job in October?! *but I don't WANT to end up hating winter!*

Then again, I may not end up hating winter in the end. I might just BE one of the minority who doesn't mind winter in the UK at all. :)

Comments