NaNo Update : Day 9

Well, for me it's Day 2 actually. I missed the first 7 days of NaNo *gasp* and now have to write roughly 2,200 words a day (as opposed to 1,300 words a day) in order to meet the 50k words deadline by the end of the month.

Needless to say I'm behind on my word count. Bah humbug.

However, I'm happy to say that I'm NOT behind on my procrastination count. Having lost roughly 3 hours today after sending Jules to Heathrow airport's Terminal 4 today, I've gathered enough guilt conscience to sit my ass back in front of my laptop and write (or find yet another means to procrastinate!). And I have found it : Freemind. I've downloaded it and I think I quite like it! it sure beats scribbling ideas in my notebook. Well, to be honest, I've only just started using it, so I'm not sure how hard or easy or helpful it really is, but so far I like it quite a lot. I started just picking up a story line and before I know it, I had a few nice sounding plots / scenes to go with the story. Much much better than scribbling ideas in notebooks! So it's confirmed, I'm much better with visual manipulation of ideas. Freemind has jumped started my interest in creating stories once again! Yaaayyy!

Now, on to more writing! :)

Comments