NaNoWriMo 2009

See, the problem with me is that I've always been one to want to do ten things at once. At any one time, I'd be working on more than two or three things at a time and I want to finish them all at once. At the moment, for example, I'm working on two knitting projects, fancy re-reading a book that I feel is important for me to read, wanting to do some changes on my translation website, and the latest addition - wanting to work on NaNoWriMo 2009. Needless to say I've not gotten anywhere with NaNo yet. Or the re-vamp of my website. It must be some form of adult ADHD, I swear.

Or perhaps it's just means of procrastinating from doing the one main thing I really ought to be doing right now, which is to get myself employed. Mind you, not that I've not been sending off applications. I'm registered at all the major online jobsites (Jobsite, Monsterboard, Reed, CV-Library, Totaljobs, IT Recruitment, Huntress, OfficeAngels, etc) and I've dropped my CV off in person at job agencies here in Worcester Park (there's three agencies here), Kingston, Epsom and Wimbledon. And I've also submitted loads of applications directly to companies. But unfortunately, so far there's not been any good news. Quite disheartening, but I live in hope!

Anyways, so I've registered for NaNo 2009 and I've got two pages written (and ten hundred more pages to go!) I've yet to figure out the core of the story, let alone the plots. Wing it? HAHA! :p

In any case, it should be fun. At worst, it'll fill in these quiet winter hours until Mike gets back here. :) So, my fingers stretched and flexed (wish I could do the same with my brain at the moment), here I go...

Comments