28 / 8 / 2018 : My Book on Amazon.



BACK after a long dry spell of blog-writing. Is it just me or is the new blogger dashboard theme a bit annoying? I think I much prefer the earlier theme/look. Does anyone know if there's a way for me to change the look of the dashboard? Or if it's even possible?

Anyhoo, I've self-published my romance novel 'The Matchmaker of Campiglia' on Amazon a while back. Roughly 80k words, a bit of comedy but mainly drama (at least that's the impression one of my beta-readers got). I haven't promoted it anywhere except on Amazon's KDP Select program. This is mainly because I'm not 100% happy with the manuscript itself (is it really a character-driven plot? or maybe it doesn't actually have a clearly discernible plot at all?) and the book cover can use a more professional touch. Depending on which country you're viewing this from, you should be able to have a read of the excerpt from the link below and if you would like to have a read of the whole book, drop me a comment!

I could use more beta readers who's willing to spend precious hours reading and giving me feedback of a general nature about the story. I have received mixed reviews from the few beta readers who have gone through the manuscript and I think I have a rough idea of the larger 'flaws' in the story. but I think I'm going to put this one in the back-burner for a while, long enough for me (or the manuscript) to age a bit more, coalesce a bit more. For the story to make more sense in my head.

Now I think I will move on to another project. Am toying with several ideas and working up the motivation to kickstart the discipline of getting into the groove of writing again. Kind of like kickstarting a rusty old hand-cranked car! It's either a new science fiction / fantasy novel or an illustrated children's book. Unless some other idea sneaks it's way into my head!


Comments