Be Strong. Be Brave. Be Hopeful.

It takes courage to let others in on your vulnerabilities, to let them see your nightmares and your demons. It takes courage to admit that you are not as tough as you pretend. And it takes a deep humility to accept your own shortcomings, faults and weaknesses. A long time ago, I made the mistake of placing too much imaginary responsibilities on my shoulders. I thought I could take it. Thought I owed it to others to make good. For the longest time, I tried to make it work. I once believed if I just think hard enough and long enough, I can find the answer to everything that needed an answer. I was wrong, of course. So this post is a long, long time coming.

 Depression is a lonely venture.

The truth is, you are not in charge of anything. Not really. We can try our best, certainly. But in spite of our efforts, at the critical moment when our path hits a fork in the road, when all the cards are not in our hands but in someone else's, there's only One who is really in charge. Certainly, we can try our best. But after we've given our best, all we can do is to put our faith in the One that Created everything. Enough of that for now. Don't dwell on the negative. Be Strong. Be Brave. Be Hopeful.


Comments