Nico and the Niners

I don't really listen to music. Only in the car when we're driving. Or sometimes when I'm on the computer working on writing or whatever else, then I'd play my youtube playlist. There's only one band that I really listen to (and I got them on my iPod) and that is Twenty One Pilots. When I first listened to their lyrics, I thought it a bloody shame that they feel they felt if they wrote songs that 'flowed' they won't get air time. By that I take it they mean if they wrote songs about faith and God. 

Now, the word 'cult' pops up now and again in reference to this duo. After all, there are lots of other Christian bands out there - Jars of Clay was quite good - but none of them have reached the level of success as TOP. So what's different about them? I'm not sure. Haven't figured it out yet. But really, they're not a cult.

Really I was hoping their new material would not be good. I was disappointed. They've once again come up with annoyingly catchy tunes and as I dreaded, I already have four of them on repeat play on my computer. Of course their London gigs which are not till MARCH are sold out. I've not heard the rest of their album. I fear I might end up buying it and setting it up on replay like their last album. I don't know what it is, you have a listen and tell me what you think:


 

Comments

AQUARIUSSAL said…
Would you believe it. They have a show TOMORROW (12 Sept) in London and I completely missed the announcement made THREE WEEKS AGO. Tickets sold out. Gutted. But hey ho...