Eleven Months To Go

Time is ticking slowly by and with each tick of the second hand, somewhere in the back of my head is that sinister voice sneering at my lack of writing.

Well, it can sneer all it want, this puppy aing't budging till it feels right. :p I know most people believe that as a writer, you must write anyway, no matter how much you don't feel like it. But as an Aquarius with Scorpio moonsign, my gut feeling says I need time out so that's exactly what I'm going to take. Got another article published in my ex travel magazine Virtual Malaysia Magazine and another in the pipeline.

Lately, I've been fiddling with an idea in my head of setting up a website for my freelance work. Nothing fancy, just your basic freelance writing cum translation services. Although I'm registered with a couple of online job search sites, perhaps my fate lies not in working for someone else, but working for myself instead. While I still can. ;)

So, eleven months to go and three New Years resolutions behind. All together now, one more time:

1. To finish my dang NaNo Novel (minimum 80,000 words, so I have roughly 25,500 words more to go).
2. To start on my third novel (whih will most probably be a collaboration with my husband).
3. To start on a short story compilation. There's something to be said about working on short stories. ;)

Tick, tock, tick, tock....

oh shut up.

Comments

RomanceWriter said…
Oh, writing with your husband sounds interesting!

I didn't realize he was a writer too. It must be great to live with someone who "gets" what this whole writing thing is about.
AQUARIUSSAL said…
Well, he's not really a writer. He writes a lot of business proposals, but he's really really good at telling stories. He reads tons of books, mainly legal / psychological thrillers, etc. So I'm hoping with his knack for story telling and my (errr) knack for writing, we can come up with something interesting between us. :)